E3 Duo™ Electroforming and Etching Master Kit
US kit: (lower 48 states) kit contains chemicals and must shipped ground only via Fed Ex.
International kit (For Hawaii, Alaska and countries outside of the US): This kit does not contain chemicals as they cannot be shipped overseas. International customers need to source copper sulfate (available from hardware, gardening stores or chemistry suppliers), copper electroforming solution and brightener locally (these can be found from plating and jewelry making suppliers)
This kit contains the E3 Duo™ controller and supplies needed for both electroforming and etching with copper.
E3 Duo™ Electroforming/Plating and Etching Controller:
- US or International power supply (Canada-US power supply)
- 2 Amp, 6 Volts max
- For electroforming: Adjustable range from 40mA-2Amp (current based system). It covers pieces quickly with a smooth deposition of metal.
- For plating: Gold, silver and other metals can be plated using the controller. Simply use a low current with the appropriate anodes and solutions needed for the metal you are plating.
- For etching: Adjustable power ranging from 1/2 watt-6 watts. This etching feature has a knob for an adjustable range. The led display shows power: L1 (low), L2 (medium) or L3 (high)
- Small and compact-perfect for the home studio or for the classroom. (5" x 3" x .75")
- Controller is made with high quality parts with superior stainless steel clips.
- Copper electroforming solution (not included in International kit)
- Brightener (not included in International kit)
- Graphite conductive paint (0.5 oz)
- Varnish (0.5 oz)
- 2 paintbrushes
- Fine copper conductive wire (28 and 24 gauge)
- Rubber gloves
- Copper coil
- Coffee filter
- Stainless steel pan
- Copper sulfate (not included in International kit)
- Copper sheet (2.5" square)
- Copper oval shape
- Aluminum electrodes
- 12 ready-to-use images with full instructions.
If you are new to electrical etching, please read this PDF before ordering. Electrical etching is different than chemical etching, especially with regard to etching small pieces and resist options.